Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Week of Success

Last P-day we made a pit stop at Vosen’s German Bakery – delicious as always. I was the designated driver that day, due to my own devious schemes…and it was snowing so we figured having an islander drive wouldn’t be a good idea. So we were 100% and I didn’t get a stomach ulcer from that expedition!

Success.

Over the last week or so we’ve had some difficulty in contacting Mahogany, to start teaching her. Finally just the other day she answered her phone! Great news: She got the scriptures she ordered and the missionaries in Texas are going to teach her family! We’ll check in about once a week to let her know we support her but other than that she is officially in the care of those Texan missionaries. I love technology.

Success.

A personal victory for the week: I started and finished Our Search for Happiness! It’s amazing to see the entire gospel explained so simply, cover to cover. I decided that it is one of the best books to recommend to those wanting to learn more about our basic beliefs. Apart from mormon.org, that is J

Success.

Zone Conference this week was outstanding! Best one of my whole mission! I think what made it so great was the fact that we had SIX stations that we rotated from every 20 minutes so there was a lot of moving. We had a 2 minute discussion & then practiced! That’s how you learn J Last of all, we had a closing section with President that was about an hour. We focused on the contacting model: (1)Build a relationship of trust, (2)Create an environment to teach, (3)Teach & Testify, (4)Invite & (5)Re-invite. I was very glad to discover that even in your last transfer, you can still improve your skills!

Success.

Friday morning we gathered together to meet our new President, President Gillette. He and his wife are from Salt Lake City; they are very sweet and eager to get to work! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to serve with President & Sister Holmes, they will forever be a part of my life. As can be expected, the mission is making a very smooth transition & all is well! The church is still true!

Success!

SISTER A. DESPAIN