Saturday, January 7, 2012

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, there lived a cute Sister Missionary on Temple Square. Not really ON Temple Square, as some seem to think but BY it – in downtown –okay? Stop being a creeper & asking where we live! Anyways, there were several days of beautiful weather in the 50’s and all was well. One night she was woken up by an overwhelming need for a glass of water; as she got out of bed she looked out the window to see 4 inches of snow on the ground! Whoa! Yup, the snow fairy has visited Salt Lake :)

Now that the Christmas Crazy is over we’re back to our normal schedules, I love consistency.

One of my favorite investigators is Oscar from Ghana. He is so prepared, very ready to get baptized and he hasn’t even met the missionaries yet! He always says, “Yes please, yes please” and “Madam” and “Many returns” – it’s so adorable! With a little encouragement he is a very diligent reader and has made a lot of progress in understanding the basics of the gospel.

This week we met a fantastic couple from Florida who have built their home around missionary work. Every week they feed the missionaries, they play roller hockey on Mondays and every Sunday night they invite their neighbors over for a game of Apples to Apples, refreshments…and did we mention a short gospel message? They were a very impressive couple and were very willing to think of someone for us to call on their behalf. I love proactive members!

Thursday night I received three Spanish calls for DVDs or El Libro de Mormon and they ALL referred to learn more from missionaries! I love helping people find salvation – it’s the best.

This week – I crowned myself the “Dishes Queen”. I should get a pair of bedazzled rubber gloves :)

In my studies this week I was doing a more in-depth focus on the start of Lesson 2: The Plan of Salvation. I found there, one of my favorite study activities! There is a list of scriptures found in the Book of Mormon that are designed to help us teach people about Jesus Christ & His role. I’ve taken great pleasure in highlighting, drawing lines & putting notes in the margins of my Book of Mormon as I study this section. It would make for a great FHE Activity!

Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives and that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Him.

Love,

Sister Despain