Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oregon or bust!

Updates from this week:

Sunday night: FOUR baptisms!

Sister Rodriguez is the new Assistant!

I picked up Sister Nelson from the airport :)

I’m going to OREGON! What?!?!?!

Stocking? Or stalking? Stockings??? English is hard!

I moved out…to the living room floor…yeahh sleepover!

7, 041: Our goal for potentials at General Conference

Rollercoaster much? This week was crazy! Every week is completely different and presents new challenges, some you never thought you’d experience. For example, being under the impression that missionaries called to TMSQ don’t go on Outbound assignment after their 9th transfer.

False.

Monday morning I’ll leave for Oregon! I’m really excited, just sad to leave; we have a very special mission at Temple Square.

The baptisms Sunday night were picture perfect; meaning that children were screaming, the one supposed to be baptizing never showed & there weren’t enough hymnals so...that was interesting! The important thing is that Sandra, Veronica and (two of her five children) Ruben & Sofia were successfully baptized! I love seeing people put their faith into action, it’s the best thing ever! Afterwards, I mingled with the branch, practicing my Spanish! I had my first ArrozConLeche – loved it!

We got the privilege of attending the Relief Society Broadcast last week! President Uchtdorf gave a very inspiring talk. What really hit me was his emphasis on God’s awareness of us as individuals. “Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten…In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.”

I know that is true. God is aware of each of us & loves us more than we know. Keep smiling!

Next P-day I’ll be in Oregon! WEIRD!!!

Sister A. Despain