Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back to Nepal

Bonjour!

This morning we crossed North Temple on our way to the Square, such a beautiful day before us & I couldn’t help but shout, “Good Morning, Salt Lake City!!!” Life is good, huh? The weather helps too :)

Last Pday we bought miracles workers – also known as Single-Serving-Size-Smoothie-Makers. Genius. I know. Sometimes we prefer not to make food a priority so this really helps! We’re able to grind up some fruit, yogurt, spinach & milk & BAM! You’re good to go! Best Idea Ever. Right behind “Free Haircuts”.

I love the Spirit that accompanies the responsibility of being a missionary. One way this blesses our ministry is by knowing what someone’s concern is – before they tell you much about themselves. We met a member this week in the NVC by the paintings of the New Testament. He was about 40 years old, alone & had one of those large-lens cameras. This is the most obvious sign of “I’m going through a rough time & I came here to find peace.” Classic. Within the first 2 minutes the Spirit told me he was going through a divorce and it was weighing heavy on his mind. All he had said was that he came through here often to take pictures, on his way up to his parent’s house. Enough said. Isn’t it amazing how the Spirit can tell you the truth of ALL things? It also helps us every day to bring hope to those who suffer.

Lupe & Robert were one of our sad experiences this week. We took them through God’s Plan for His Family & followed it up with a brief lesson on Apostasy/Restoration. Lupe was very kind but firm in her “fine"ness with just the Bible. My heart ached for her as she seemed very happy with her limited knowledge of her Savior. When you ponder on what we’re offering – from an outsider’s view – it’s amazing! These are the worst situations because you can tell that these people truly love Jesus Christ and you know they’re rejecting the offer to learn more about him. It’s just sad!

If there’s anything I’ve learned on my mission, it’s that we’ve got it good in North Carolina :) EVERYONE (from all over) loves it! A guest asked me if I like it here, a common question. In a moment of personal revelation, I said, “I like it here – but there’s nothing like the Carolinas.” Too true. Too true.

“Don’t slack. Work hard now & keep working hard when you go home.” – John, RM

Sister Farmer gave me someone to call, a potential from the MTC. His name is Subash & he is from NEPAL! For those of you who are coming late into this “story of my life” – my second companion was from Nepal & I developed a great love for the people. He referred to learn more from his local missionaries & for us to teach him via phone until they contact him!!! I am so thrilled to get to know him better & to teach him more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this work with all my heart! Best for the world.

Malai thaha cha yo church satya ho!

[I know this church is true –Nepali]

Sister A. Despain