Saturday, September 24, 2011

2 pages of German Agency

I’m 98.3% sure that Sister R. & I broke a record this week. We shortened the historical script for TMSQ from 10 pages (front/back) to 2 pages (front/back)! Amazing, right? Who knew we had all of that extra information clouding our spiritual sensitivity? It’s still waiting approval from the APs but with some minor changes – we’ll be up and running!

This week, as always – was fantastic! [Boring, huh? To have a life where every single week wonderful things happen to you…over & over & over again…I don’t know how I survive :)] Last Sunday, I successfully gave my talk in Sacrament Meeting. As I read the beginning of our call letter I started to cry, “I did this the first time too!” hahaha it was really funny. My topic was on how Satan uses distraction to keep us from focusing on the essential things in life. I challenged the Sisters to remove anything that distracts them from the work. We have such a short time as missionaries and we need to use it wisely!

The mission got flu shots this week – from Sister Hansen (who I was in the MTC with)! Yes, we already see each other every day but it was comforting to know that the person about to shoot me – actually likes me.

Our 23 year old investigator Jay, had surgery this week. When we called a few days after, he was out of it (as usual) so we shared a quick message about where we came from before this life & let him go. Not your normal conversation, huh? “We’ll just quickly teach you that you lived with God as His spirit child before you were born here on Earth but you don’t remember it – no one does, so you’re good.” Whew! It wasn’t quite like that :) But it’s amazing that this is what we teach! Not everyone knows this!

Tuesday night we covered the Beehive House which is a tricky place for missionary work. In my extreme sense of enthusiasm I told S.R. “I don’t waaaaanna go to the Beehive House…let’s get someone else to cover!” But in a super whiny 3 year old kind of way, so it was hilarious. We did go; no worries and we had a great time! We took a German tour – YES, in addition to Cambodian I’ve also managed to learn German! The interpreter just helped us out a bit :) A lot, actually. We would say one line & apparently in German it ends up being a 5 minute monologue! Works for us!

Yesterday we took around Hilary & John from California. After showing them God’s Plan we had a really good conversation about focusing our lives on Jesus Christ. Hilary wondered if all the extra doctrine distracts from Christ being the focus. I told her it can be – but everything is always tied back to Him. We only have what we do because of Jesus Christ. John said he was really interested and would probably read The Book of Mormon…but they didn’t want to refer for missionaries.

Agency is hard to deal with sometimes.

General Conference is in a week! Can you believe it?!? We’re getting geared up here at the Square for our weekend of insanity :)

JESUS IS THE CHRIST

Lots of Love.

Sister A. Despain