Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Transfer Week!

I know this is probably the most exciting part of my week that y’all want to hear about…so I’ll tell you my new assignment first. Huzzah for a new transfer! I’m assigned back to the Extended Zone, I’m moving further down the hall (so hard, I know), my NEW PDAY is Saturday, my companion is Sister Rodriguez from Mexico & we’re the ZONE LEADERS!

Yes, this is very exciting – you’re right! All around I am thrilled. I’ll get to live with the APs, who are amazing & such hard workers but still make time to be hilarious. I love Extended – we cover Welfare Square, Humanitarian Center, Guest Services, Office Assistants, West Gate & Beehive House. So we’re everywhere – all at once – and NO, you never see the ZLs. They’re the busiest ZLs of the mission and I can’t wait! I love being busy!

First thing Thursday morning we contacted 4 people from Mainland China. One of them spoke English really well – he’s going to UNC-Charlotte so we bonded over NC memories. We had them for about 3 minutes, realized this would not be as productive as a Mandarin tour & decided to find one. Sister Au-Yeung(HongKong) showed up out of nowhere! We made the introductions and passed them over. She told us later that all of them referred to meet with missionaries!!! Eieieie!

First ever Spanish Marathon! Who got coerced into saying the opening prayer? Hermana DeEspana!!! The native Spanish Sisters have an amazing love for me & my Spanish – which typically demonstrates itself in getting me to participate as much as possible. It’s good though. I love being a part of such an amazing group of Sisters, there is so much work to be done in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world! Just ask Elder Lee!

Sister Iglezia & I took a motorcoach yesterday & had a blast! What was truly amazing is that we got TWO referrals! A hilarious group from mostly Eastern states who had a lot of questions! They were wonderful! I never knew I loved microphones so much – I love having the strap over my shoulder & knowing that 35 people are all listening to my testimony. Most missionaries don’t get to have gargantuan lessons like that and I love it!

Sister Pei, the missionary I took for surgery is doing great! Her nose isn’t bleeding anymore & bit by bit she’s making it back to the Square. She is such a hard worker & pushes herself so much. I love the motivation of the District I got to serve with this transfer; the missionaries here amaze me and motivate me to continue working hard.

After getting my new assignments I realized yet again, how much Heavenly Father spoils me J He most definitely is our Loving Father in Heaven! More than anything I’ve learned that He answers prayers. I know that as we align our will with His, all will be right in the end. I love this work so much. Don’t doubt it for a second – this is the Lord’s work! It’s all true.

Love,

Sister A. Despain