Saturday, August 20, 2011

Transfer 3/4


I’ve never been more exhausted in my life :) I can’t believe how tired I am! Being Zone Leader is SO FUN though, I really enjoy it. We are 24-7 busybusybusy. On Thursday I left my planner at home & hated life. But I found it – under 3 copies of Preach My Gospel so we’re back on track, no worries.

I’ve only been called as Zone Leader for 3 days & already it’s been so crazy I can’t remember everything. What I do remember is that I made a chocolate cake last night :) Ah yes, the important things in life.

My companion, Sister Rodriguez is amazing. She is a fantastic missionary – in fact right now she’s chewing out this guy on the phone for not being humble enough to recognize God’s hand in his life. She has a gift for sharing personal stories that really help others open up and share more about themselves. She’s a powerhouse – I love being her companion. We have a lot of fun together.

This transfer we’ll cover the Humanitarian Center every Wednesday night, so this was only my 2nd time back – ever. But it went great! We ended up getting 6 potentials from a Youth group we took around!!!

Thursday I never even made it to the Square. We did however, have wonderful trainings! Welfare Square, West Gate & Guest Services – whew! Everyone is trained now so things should go relatively smoothly. Cross your fingers :)

Guess what, we had a baptism AND wedding last night! Wahoo! It reminded me of Elder Lee in Peru – having investigators get married so they could get baptized. It was a wonderful experience to be a part of. This couple has been together for 14 years, living as husband & wife with their children but never got married. Their daughter Jessica was baptized 2 months ago & shared it with her parents! Sister Rodriguez took them around last transfer – and last night they were married and baptized! It was the greatest thing ever. They looked so happy :)

Rebecca: Usually we teach the basics of the first two lessons as we go around – according to the directions of the Spirit. One of the greatest realizations I’ve had on my mission was when it clicked that we teach every part of Lesson One in most of our tours –just with more visual aids! We were on our way to the Christus to contact but decided to stop at the planters & contact this lady with a bike, looking confused at her map. We took her through Temple Square and shared with her about the basics of the church. We told her that her local missionaries could help her develop a personal relationship with her Heavenly Father & she referred! Except, she’s homeless right now because she’s traveling…so we’ll keep in touch via email and hope for the best! What is it with golden homeless people?!?

For the last transfer we set a mission goal to get 11, 000 referrals and we ended up getting 12,293!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We woke up this morning to 4 bodies lying on our living room floor – Sisters’ CO2 detector went off at 3 am – so they stay with us the rest of the night! Shvesta Kleine, S. Andersen, S. Birati & S.Tahi – so we had Germany, America, Kiribati Island & Tahiti sleeping in our living room :) Our mission is the best.

The Virgin Birth. Gethsemane. Calvary. The Empty Tomb. Spring of 1820.

It’s all true.

Sister A. Despain