Saturday, June 25, 2011

Peace. Love. Guest Services.

Hello everyone!

I hope all is well, wherever you are! From the bits & pieces we hear about the world it sounds like insanity is the name of the game – fun fun fun! Temple Square is still beautiful & amazing.

This week my Zone Leaders, Sister Crandell & Sister Barratiero committed me to attaching “10 Minutes of Pondering” onto one meal a day. The first time I did, I managed to assign a motorcoach, hear that the Canadian post is on strike & help a Sister with a personal problem. Apparently, I have issues not being productive! I finally went into a cubicle – to ponder – and I felt like I was 5 & had been sent to time-out. I’ve gotten much better at it though, no worries.

Calling home for Father’s Day was wonderful. I am so glad that President Holmes allows us to do that. It was a blessing to hear from most of my family, especially to hear that all is well. When you get down to the basics of life – if your family is doing well – you almost can’t stop yourself from breaking into “Oh what a beautiful morning!!!” hahaha…not that I ever do that. Of course.

District Meeting on Sunday went fairly well, considering that I’m pretty sure my body was about to shutdown. Literally. I pulled through though and with the help of my ZL we had a very spiritual meeting.

We saw the Quail babies!!! It’s official: Quail babies are the CUTEST little baby birds I’ve ever seen in my entire life! They’re about the size of a large gumball & are to die for :)

Sister Sanders talked to me Thursday about a tour I’d taken earlier, “I saw you with him & thought, ‘Who is that with my future husband?!?! Oh…it’s a missionary - *gasp* - it’s Sister Despain!’ I thought you were his girlfriend! So, who was he?” Robby from California. Very proud of the fact that he is on the swim team at Berkeley – complete with over confident movie worthy voice intonations. He was raised Catholic but doesn’t follow any religion now. He’s not sure if he believes in God. He’s not sure where he finds peace. He’s not sure what he’s going to do with his major. Basically – lack of direction & purpose in life. Turns out, also a lack of desire to find it. Eternal salvation: Denied.

Sister Davydenko from Ukraine is so sweet & absolutely hysterical. I asked her to take a motorcoach with some elderly people & she replied, “At what o’clock the Grandparents will be here?” BAHAHAHA just play it in your mind with a very thick Ukranian accent. HILARIOUS.

In ONE day this week we had 1 New Investigator, 2 Progressing & 1 IRC. These are very sad little numbers but due to our current situation I was delirious :) I’m doing my best to stay positive, find those silver linings & remember that it’s not about the numbers. I’m learning a lot about life, missionary work & myself. I’m finding my limits of what I can handle mentally & physically. The church is true. Christ is the Savior of the world. He was alone so we wouldn’t have to be & I have really come to see that play a huge role in my life. I feel very privileged to be a missionary. As always, loving the work.

Peace. Love. Guest Services.

Sister Despain Jr.